Sustainable Design and Green Construction
Sustainable Design is the key to future environmentally responsible buildings. Performance Plus Homes co-owner Bruce Chyka has completed the Masters Certification program in Sustainable Design from the Boston Architectural College. Our knowledge of Building Science coupled with material selection for sustainable homes provides a well rounded base from which you can design to meet client demands.
We offer a range of services that
- Early project guidance for goal setting and design compliance with green building standards like Energy Star, NAHB Build Green, IECC, LEED*
- Work within the framework of integrative design to insure all project participants have a voice in optimizing the building's construction.
- Technical Support for review of home siting, water management, framing plans, indoor air quality, landscaping as part of sustainable design, and certification compliance.
- Energy Modeling that consists of defining load calculations for proper selection of right sized equipment and desing considerations according to ACCA practices.
- Review of other potential certifications.
- Research into Federal, State, County or Utility sustainable rebate programs.
- Review of final plans before construction start
LEED, NAHB Build Green, Energy Star programs can be certified through us or one of our partners.
For all your Green Building needs – or a home energy audit – contact Performance Plus Homes today at 913-851-0732 and start saving energy and money!